Re: [AUCTeX-devel] make and stuff in autogen.sh

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] make and stuff in autogen.sh
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 14:30:12 +0200

Ralf Angeli <address@hidden> writes:

> Is it a good idea to remove autom4te.cache in call make in
> autogen.sh?  IMO it would be cleaner to call make only when one
> actually executes `make'.  And cleaning up should be done in a
> whatever-clean target; at the moment it is already done in
> maintainer-clean.

I need a dead-simple procedure to get from a freshly exported CVS tree
to a tar-ball ready setup.  The tarball-ready stuff in
auctex/Makefile.in does not seem to cut it here because it can't
possibly guess what files to pack in order to have preview-latex
covered completely.

I also can't do maintainer-clean after a CVS export since at that
point of time the Makefile does not even exist, and the only
Makefile.in that can be used as an emergency Makefile is that in the
doc subdirectory since it does not use @SET_MAKE@ (which is illegal in
its unsibstituted form).

If you have a better proposal, I want to hear it.