Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Release

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Release
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 23:13:58 +0200

Reiner Steib <address@hidden> writes:

> On Thu, Apr 28 2005, Ralf Angeli wrote:
>
>> * David Kastrup (2005-04-28) writes:
>>
>>> Call me crazy.
>>
>> More like utterly insane. (c;
>
> ACK.  :-/ I wish I could understand why we don't have at least some
> days for testing the new configure/install stuff on different machines
> and different Emacsen.

Because it feels pretty stupid to step people through the separate
installation of preview-latex and AUCTeX in the TeX conference in the
next days when we are going to change the procedure within a week.
Maybe I'll not get the release out before Poland, but it will cause
extra work...

The question to understand is rather why I have not managed to get
this done earlier.  Bad management.  But it is not like I have not
threatened for a few days that this would be likely to happen...

I don't think it likely that we will be able to have a smooth XEmacs
setup ourselves before the release.  But since we never had one
before, this is probably not all too tragic.  I would want to have an
RPM file (to be installed so as to shadow the sumo system) for XEmacs
in the course of a month or so, however.  Also it would be nice if we
could complete the package build to the level where the normal release
procedure can produce an XEmacs package right away.  Whether or not
this gets picked up into the XEmacs repositories, it would give people
one less excuse to use old versions.