Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: [AUCTeX-diffs] Changes to auctex/doc/todo.texi

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: [AUCTeX-diffs] Changes to auctex/doc/todo.texi
Date: Sun, 01 May 2005 01:04:34 +0200

Ok, I guess that the worst is over.  Give the current version a solid
testing if possible, do what you think necessary.  I have not yet
looked into the rpm spec, and I am now supposed to take my violin and
go to a general drinking assembly.  So not much more I can do today.
I think the state of the code is rather cute.  Documentation is
lacking behind quite a bit: in particular the installation stuff.  The
most important cases where install-info and texhash should not be run
are now covered automatically.  AUCTeX should create XEmacs packages
pretty well right now, although I don't think that tex-fptex.el and
tex-mik.el are included into the package right now.

It is not easy to get everything right.  But I think the most
important things should be in place now.