Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Anybody out there?

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Anybody out there?
Date: Fri, 06 May 2005 01:05:52 +0200

Ralf Angeli <address@hidden> writes:

> * Ralf Angeli (2005-05-05) writes:
>
>> * David Kastrup (2005-05-03) writes:
>>
>>> f) documentation proofreading.  I am certain to have introduced
>>> nonsense, and certainly stuff must be missing.
>>
>> I could not find any significant problems.
>
> With one exception, maybe.  In intro.tex you inserted
>
> |    Once AUCTeX is installed, its modes should be the default for all
> | TeX-related modes.  If this is not the case, try
> |      (require 'tex-site)
>
> What are the conditions for AUCTeX being enabled by default?

That the installation was able to find some site-start.d directory
where to place auctex.el, or that the sysadmin used some other
technique to load auctex.el.

> In my case, removing (require 'tex-site) will leave me with the
> Emacs' default TeX mode.

Sure, if nothing else loads it.  But we recommend doing an
installation where it gets autoloaded, so unless the user is itself
the installer, he should in case our recommendation gets followed have
AUCTeX active.