Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Version numbers...

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Version numbers...
Date: Mon, 09 May 2005 15:20:23 +0200

Ralf Angeli <address@hidden> writes:

> * David Kastrup (2005-05-09) writes:
>
>> Ralf Angeli <address@hidden> writes:

> [...]
>>> If you don't provide tarballs, what exactly is a "standalone"
>>> release of preview-latex then?
>>
>> Who is talking about standalone releases?
>
> Uh, you?

Well, I did not really mean to.  At least now I think I did not mean
to...

> At least that's how I understood the phrase »to release "standalone"
> versions of preview-latex« in the paragraph quoted above.

Well, the quotation marks were intended to imply that this is not
really a standalone version.  It may be, however, that at the time I
wrote this I had only planned on using the same version numbers, and
then later noticed that releasing separate tarballs would probably be
not useful, either.