[AUCTeX-devel] Re: Impending release...

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: Impending release...
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 09:54:45 +0200

* Ralf Angeli (2005-05-09) writes:

> The wrong fontifications should now be fixed, which should also
> improve performance a bit.  Improving it even further will mean to
> deal with `comment-forward'.  It should disregard comment starters at
> line beginnings in docTeX mode.  I don't know yet how to fix this.
> Maybe by modifying `comment-start-skip'.  But I'll have to check how
> this goes along with filling.  If there are bad interactions maybe
> changing it locally could help.  But I'll have to look deeper here.

There now is a new `font-latex-forward-comment' function with special
provisions for docTeX mode.  The code turned out rather ugly, but it
does its job.

The overall execution time of `font-latex-match-command-with-arguments'
for fully fontifying longtable.dtx dropped from 4.36 seconds to 0.53.
The average time per function call from 0.0014 seconds to 0.0002.

Please check if you see any strange fontifications in docTeX mode
after this change.