Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: Impending release...

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: Impending release...
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 11:57:10 +0200

* David Kastrup (2005-05-10) writes:

> Maybe I am dull, but wouldn't it be easier just to do some
> save-restriction or something and then limit the search in that
> manner?

How do you determine the limit?  And how do you make sure that
`forward-comment' will look into a line starting with a "%" character
rather than skip it?

In some cases it really is a problem that "%" has comment start syntax
in docTeX mode.  At the line beginning it should rather be whitespace
syntax.  Unfortunately one cannot set this conditionally.  And
changing it will mean that font locking of documentation parts will
have to be done with regexps and therefore become slower.  (Unless
there is an alternative I don't see currently.)