[AUCTeX-devel] Re: multi-file support

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: multi-file support
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 17:47:03 +0200

* Richard Lewis (2005-05-10) writes:

> Cool.  I found a sligth problem with desktop turned on: TeX-master
> gets saved in .emacs.desktop, but it does not get restored (when you
> restore the desktop you get asked again, which is except the file need
> not be displayed when the question is asked).  Is it just that
> function desktop-buffer-preview is not restoring any of the local
> variables?

Local variables are restored in `desktop-create-buffer'.  And AUCTeX
actually made provisions for `TeX-master' to be saved by desktop.

The problem here is that the variables are restored too late.
Alternatively you could say that the master file question is asked too
early.  It is being asked when `find-file-hook' is run.

As I know at least one other case where this location leads to
problems[1], it would probably be good to ask this question later in
the load process.  Does anybody know such a place?  In case the
question is asked later, we will have to find a way to reinitialize
font locking.  Maybe the stuff we do in style files would work.

Footnotes:
[1] That's with autoinsert.  See
<URL:http://groups.google.es/groups?hl=en&lr=&selm=2rd5plF17su6aU1%40uni-berlin.de>
(in German).