[AUCTeX-devel] patch for auctex/doc/wininstall.texi

From: Christian Schlauer
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] patch for auctex/doc/wininstall.texi
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 13:37:44 +0200

Hi,

In the Emacs info reader, there were four whitespaces between a
sentence end and the next sentence in the Windows-installation section
(I was a bit surprised by that, I assumed that `makeinfo' would
reformat the .texi file when creating the .info file). I did
whitespace changes all over wininstall.texi and refilled all
paragraphs in an Emacs started with `-q --no-site-file' (as I have
customized `sentence-end-double-space'). That's why the patch is
large. But you'll see with ediff that it is mostly whitespace changes.

I also changed a typo and wrote one sentence about possible benefits
of using Cygwin.

Should the changes be applied to preview/doc/wininstall.texi as well?

2005-05-15  Christian Schlauer  <address@hidden>

        * doc/wininstall.texi: Use two spaces at sentence ends, refill all
        paragraphs.  Mention possible advantages of using Cygwin.

When I last had a patch, Ralf suggested that I should apply for CVS
access. I'm running Ubuntu at home now, so that probably makes CVS'ing
easier. It is up to you. I would mostly contribute small changes and
ask if I'm not sure. It would save Ralf some work, and I'd have more
work ;-).

Christian Schlauer