Re: [AUCTeX-devel] auto-loads.el in Makefile.in

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] auto-loads.el in Makefile.in
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 17:55:31 +0200

Ikumi Keita <address@hidden> writes:

>> Could it be that the FreeBSD shell interprets a sequence of commands
>> separated by ";" and "||" differently?  What happens if you write
>> SHELL=/usr/bin/bash
>> into the top of the Makefile (assuming that /usr/bin/bash exists)?
>
>   I installed bash and tried. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem bash
> helps. The result was just the same.
> % /usr/local/bin/bash --version
> GNU bash, version 3.00.16(1)-release (i386-portbld-freebsd4.11)
> % /usr/local/bin/bash
> address@hidden head Makefile
> SHELL=/usr/local/bin/bash

> address@hidden export SHELL=/usr/local/bin/bash
> address@hidden make

While we are doing the overkill routine, I'd have expected you to use

    make SHELL=/usr/local/bin/bash

But I consider the results quite convincing, anyway.

What you could try to do, however, is

make SHELL=/usr/local/bin/bash -x

which would give us more verbose output.  Indepent of that, I'll try
to think about something that will work in any case.