[AUCTeX-devel] Regarding directory layout...

From: David Kastrup
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] Regarding directory layout...
Date: Sun, 15 May 2005 14:00:05 +0200

It would appear that putting something like bib-cite.el which can work
without AUCTeX into the auctex subdirectory is not a good idea (auctex
is only searched when AUCTeX gets used).  So I think that we probably
will have to place a number of files along with tex-site.el (namely:
in the load-path, but not autoloaded).  At the moment, I think this
should be the following:

tex-mik.el
tex-fptex.el
bib-cite.el
font-latex.el

The whole "CONTRIB*" stuff in Makefile seems to be rather arbitrary.
"CONTRIB_MULE" contains the Japanese TeX mode: can somebody refresh me
on the circumstances when it will get loaded/used?

Just glancing over it, the only use of Japanese (and probably MULE?)
in tex-jp.el seems to be in the error message catalogue.

If that is the case, we might in some future version remove the error
message catalogue to a separate file (I already proposed using an info
file for that because of convenient interfacing, but getting Japanese
into info files might be even more difficult than getting it into
Elisp.  So maybe we need language files with our own separate format
after all).