[AUCTeX-devel] Re: doc/wininstall.texi

From: Christian Schlauer
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: doc/wininstall.texi
Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 18:25:29 +0200

David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:

> I have taken a first stab of integrating the installation information
> for AUCTeX/preview-latex (preview/doc/wininstall.texi and
> preview/doc/install.texi are slated for removal), at first for
> Windows, also integrating several suggestions and feedback.
>
> If you can find things of dubious quality/usefulness in there, please
> report back.

I saw that you took my formulation, but you kept the word `slower':
`[User needs MinGW or Cygwin ...] The latter is slower and larger
[...]'.

I reformulated that, partly because I didn't like the `slower'. What
is meant with that? Does it execute slower, or is the download slower,
or ...?

I have nothing to do with the Cygwin project besides that I use it,
but in my opinion the word `slower' makes Cygwin look bad, and I don't
think it deserves that. I (and probably the first-time AUCTeX user,
too) don't understand what `slower' means. `Larger' means that the
download will take longer, so that is something I understand. But
slower?

Sorry for arguing about one single word in the documentation...

--
Christian Schlauer