Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: [AUCTeX-commit] auctex tex.el

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: [AUCTeX-commit] auctex tex.el
Date: Sun, 22 May 2005 12:20:19 +0200

Ralf Angeli <address@hidden> writes:

> * David Kastrup (2005-05-21) writes:
>
>> Ralf Angeli <address@hidden> writes:
>>>
>>>     (TeX-PDF-mode): Run `TeX-PDF-mode-hook'.
>>
>> Uh, doesn't define-minor-mode already cater for that?
>
> The minor mode function defined by `define-minor-mode' is
> overwritten by our own.  That means our function has to run the hook
> itself.

Seems a bit braindead, but I should probably not be the one
complaining about it, having written it myself.  I am not sure that
the technical necessity for having this function take an extra
argument is still the same as at the time I came up with it, but we
probably have enough other stuff to worry about.