[AUCTeX-devel] Re: feature proposal: enhance change-log features

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: feature proposal: enhance change-log features
Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 11:15:02 +0000

    David> Uwe Brauer <address@hidden> writes:
    >> I apologise for this subject which might be a little off topic.
    >>
    >> I lately use a lot of add-change-log-entry. Now for (La)tex files,
    >> the entry in the log file will make reference to the section in
    >> which the change took place. My question is couldn't that be
    >> enhanced in order to include also environments, like {equations} and
    >> the alike?

    David> That sounds spectacularly useless.  Sections can be expected to be
    David> more or less an identifying location.  Equations most certainly are
    David> not, unless you are thinking of a contained label.

Of course, that's why I said equations and not displaymath, the idea
would be to present to lines the \begin{equation} *and* the
label. Mind you that in for .el files change log make references to
functions variables etc, they have a name, right but equations have a
label. So I think useless is _not_ the word to use.

    David> Anyway, AUCTeX  does     not keep track of    the  document
    David> structure at all,  so if you want  to propose anything, you
    David> are better off proposing  it to Carsten Dominik, the author
    David> of RefTeX.
Ok, I will try that.