Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: keybinding: next and previous error

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: keybinding: next and previous error
Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 20:27:05 +0200

Ralf Angeli <address@hidden> writes:

> * David Kastrup (2005-05-27) writes:
>
> Besides, we don't have to worry about `M-g p' because AUCTeX does not
> provide functionality for jumping to a previous error.

Might be worth providing in order not to be too confusing.  Even if
all we do is beep and say that we refuse to go back.  Otherwise M-g n
might go to the next TeX error, and M-g p backward for the last "grep"
command.

>> If we can't come up with a good scheme, maybe we'd have to restrict
>> ourself to Emacs 22, but that would make it less appropriate to
>> announce the bindings on the help sheet.
>
> It will even be "difficult" to describe in the manual because unless
> I am mistaken the outcome of remapping depends upon the binding of
> `next-error' being customized by the user.

Hm.  So the patch is rather redefining next-error's behavior instead
of introducing a keybinding?