[AUCTeX-devel] Re: keybinding: next and previous error

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: keybinding: next and previous error
Date: Sat, 28 May 2005 11:31:04 +0200

* Richard Lewis (2005-05-28) writes:

> Ralf Angeli <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Currently I don't have access to an Emacs 21, so checking this would
>> be rather inconvenient.  In case there already is a binding for `M-g'
>> we should probably leave it alone as well.
>
> On emacs 21.4 (the one to be included the next Debian stable release)
> M-g seems to have something to do with setting faces, eg
>
>   M-g b runs the command facemenu-set-bold
>   M-g i runs the command facemenu-set-italic
>
> also M-g M-g runs the command font-lock-fontify-block

Okay, so that's what there was in CVS Emacs as well before the change.

> [for some reason C-h k M-g does exactly the same as plain M-g, in
> particular it does not tell you wtf it actually does]

When typing `M-g' the command obviously is not complete.  So what do
you expect `C-h k' to tell you in this case?  If you want to see a
list of full commands for such a prefix you can always use `C-h' after
typing the prefix.  That means `M-g C-h' will list all the bindings
for the `M-g' prefix.

> M-g n (and M-g g and M-g p) are undefined
>
> I hope you are not going to remove C-c ` completely (on uk keyboards `
> is to the left of the 1, quite easy to type)

I am not intending to do this.  And even if this was removed, there
would still be `C-x `' which is very close to `C-c `'..