[AUCTeX-devel] Uh, problem...

From: David Kastrup
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] Uh, problem...
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2005 03:18:21 +0200

Well, configure takes an option -disable-preview, and I'd like this to
suppress generation of preview-latex.

Now I got a problem: autogen.sh creates files like README, FAQ and
TODO.  autogen.sh is called even before configure.

Do you see my problem?

So maybe we should, after all, keep separate files README.preview,
FAQ.preview and TODO.preview?  That way, -disable-preview can simply
have the effect of letting "make install" omit the preview-specific
files.  Uh, wait.  "make install" does not even install any of those
files.  They are basically only relevant for binary packages like RPM
or the XEmacs packaging.

So how about keeping those files separate in the source tree, but
pasting them together in the respective binary package installations?
Should we be pasting them together at all, or rather keep them
separate also in the trees where we install them?  I'd almost lean
towards the latter solution.

Opinions?