Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: [Bug-AUCTeX] 2005-06-09; `make' tries to run tex

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: [Bug-AUCTeX] 2005-06-09; `make' tries to run texi2dvi now on Windows
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 16:35:07 +0200

* David Kastrup (2005-06-13) writes:

> I would like to remove all traces of CVS from the tarball.  That means
> that I don't want to distribute README.CVS and autogen.sh (and
> .cvsignore files).  At the same time, I don't want to deliver a
> tarball that is not a self-sufficient source in itself.

I don't see a clear advantage of removing this stuff from the tarball
(except for the .cvsignore files).  It makes the tarball a little
smaller and removes a few files unnecessary for building the software
but at the same time increases complexity of maintenance for the
developers, unless, of course, the stuff in autogen.sh can be boiled
down to something really trivial.

I'd just fix the `auctex', `preview', and `dist' targets in
doc/Makefile.in, let the `dist' target in the top Makefine.in remove
.cvsignore files, and merge the autogen.sh files.  But if you really
want to go down the road of your proposal, feel free to do so.