Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: [Bug-AUCTeX] 2005-06-09; `make' tries to run tex

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: [Bug-AUCTeX] 2005-06-09; `make' tries to run texi2dvi now on Windows
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 17:35:10 +0200

* David Kastrup (2005-06-13) writes:

> Well, I am asking for input in order to figure out the best solution.
> My proposal sounds sensible to me, but I am not sure I've considered
> every aspect.

Reconsidering (and rereading what your wrote about autogen.sh) I don't
see a problem with maintenance either.  Keeping such few lines of code
in synch between autogen.sh and Makefile.in is probly not a big deal.

Regarding other aspects: Can it happen that people have to regenerate
configure before they can run it to produce Makefiles?  Maybe in case
they hacked configure and thereby made it inoperable.  But then they
could use the original file from the tarball.  I currently cannot
think of other occasions where regenerating configure without Makefile
would be necessary.