[AUCTeX-devel] Re: A little suggestion about AucteX

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: A little suggestion about AucteX
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 10:21:39 +0200

* Ralf Angeli (2005-06-27) writes:

> Regarding the `tablecaptionabove' option of KOMA-Script classes this
> will probably not be that difficult to implement.  We'll just make
> `LaTeX-top-caption-list' buffer-local (as you already suggested) and
> add "table" to it if it is not included yet.  This should be pretty
> safe.

It's more difficult than I thought.  You can't just add a

    (when (member "tablecaptionabove" (TeX-style-list))
      (make-local-variable 'LaTeX-top-caption-list)
      (add-to-list 'LaTeX-top-caption-list "table"))

to style/scrbase.el because at the time it is loaded the
"tablecaptionabove" style might not be present.

We could add the above code to `LaTeX-mode-hook' but I don't like to
mess with it because it could make it impossible for the user to
supersede the value again if necessary.  Another possibility would be
to add a style/tablecaptionabove.el file.  But that's ugly as well.
Unless somebody has a better idea I'd spare this feature for the time
we will have a more sophisticated style system.