Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Problem?

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Problem?
Date: Sun, 03 Jul 2005 12:21:18 +0200

Ralf Angeli <address@hidden> writes:

> * David Kastrup (2005-07-03) writes:
>
>> Hm, so for XEmacs, the default of the variable is different, but for
>> Emacs 21.3, the code ignores the setting?
>>
>> Isn't that kind of inconsistent?
>
> The idea was that Emacs 21 users at least get the font scaling.

I seem to remember a number of complaints that this was extremely
confusing without raising/lowering.  I thought we had changed this to
not do anything on Emacs 21.  Checking this with an actual Emacs 21, I
find that indeed this is not so.

So I want to ask on the auctex list: are there any users of Emacs-21,
AUCTeX and font-lock around?

If there are: do you use the default setting of
font-latex-fontify-script, or have you changed it?  If you did not
change it: Do you consider its effects helpful or have you just not
bothered?