[AUCTeX-devel] Re: [AUCTeX] Re: Problem?

From: David Kastrup
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: [AUCTeX] Re: Problem?
Date: Mon, 04 Jul 2005 15:26:25 +0200

Sebastian Luque <address@hidden> writes:

> David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> [...]
>
>> So I want to ask on the auctex list: are there any users of Emacs-21,
>> AUCTeX and font-lock around?
>
> Yes indeed!
>
>> If there are: do you use the default setting of
>> font-latex-fontify-script, or have you changed it?  If you did not
>> change it: Do you consider its effects helpful or have you just not
>> bothered?
>
> One of the reasons I adore AUCTeX, among numerous others, is the
> excellent default values it provides. The default
> font-latex-fontify-script is one of those; it considerably improves
> readability of the source.

And for you the improvement of readability is still noticeable even
given that the fontification on Emacs-21 does not differentiate
between subscripts and superscripts?

Sorry to be asking again; I just want to make sure that we are not
accidentally talking about different things.

> I take the opportunity to congratulate all AUCTeX developers for
> your efforts with this wonderful program! My productivity and
> pleasure while working with LaTeX has improved so much thanks to
> you.

Well, I suppose sure that the same is the case for the LaTeX
developers themselves, whenever they find a bit of time for actually
using instead of improving AUCTeX.