Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: Changes to auctex/doc/auctex.texi

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: Changes to auctex/doc/auctex.texi
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2005 18:27:03 +0200

* David Kastrup (2005-07-06) writes:

> Hmmm.  How about making it part of the top node just in info, but a
> chapter in the other formats?

That's what I thought as well.  It could be achieved with the attached
patch.  The Executive Summary would then appear as an unnumbered
chapter after the table of contents but before the detailed copyright
notice.  Not totally clean.

> Or we say "press SPACE to read the executive summary" at the end of
> the node?

Taking the Texinfo manual as an example, after the initial page which
includes a short summary, a short copyright notice, as well as short
and detailed node listings there is a page with the detailed copyright
notice.  Only after that the real content of the manual starts.

I am not sure if one has to follow this with respect to legal
requirements.  The Texinfo documentation mentions such requirements
only for the printed version and there it seems to suffice to have a
brief copyright notice on or right after the title page.