[AUCTeX-devel] Ok, I am getting annoyed a bit...

From: David Kastrup
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] Ok, I am getting annoyed a bit...
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 20:58:35 +0200

Building packages for RPM implies building for emacs-tetex, for
xemacs-tetex, for emacs-notex and for xemacs-notex.  The build
procedure for preview-latex used symbolic links to achieve this, but
this gets too fragile.  So I think we should make and install in
separate directories altogether.  It seems pretty pointless to copy
the entire thing four times, so the obvious thing would be to build in
a separate directory.

I started some work on this, but frankly, it looks like nothing I can
finish in a reasonable amount of time.  So what am I supposed to do
with the following?  Check it into a branch?  Anybody want to work on
it for some future version?  It would presumably make the packaging
and experimenting around much more convenient: one could just have one
directory under CVS control, and then one directory for Emacs, XEmacs,
old Emacs and so on, and would not need to reconfigure back and forth.