Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: Spaces in file names on Windows

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: Spaces in file names on Windows
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 12:12:03 +0200

Ralf Angeli <address@hidden> writes:

> * David Kastrup (2005-08-14) writes:
>
>> Well, if we explicitly _export_ variables in the top directory, it
>> probably is easiest to explicitly _import_ them again in the
>> preview file before doing anything else with them.  Then we can
>> just think about a suitable way of passing the unquoted stuff in a
>> manner that we can reuse.
>
> I checked something like this into CVS.  Feel free to improve it.

After all this discussion, this appears ridiculously simple.  One
thing to check is whether "standalone" configure in the preview
subdirectory still works.  Probably not too important, though.

I am not sure
export x=y
is generally supported by all Bourne shells, and it is possible that
multiple exports per line might also be problematic.