[AUCTeX-devel] Re: auctex.spec: auctex.el/preview-latex.el vs. suse-star

From: Reiner Steib
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: auctex.spec: auctex.el/preview-latex.el vs. suse-start-*.el
Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2005 21:44:47 +0200

On Sun, Oct 02 2005, Ralf Angeli wrote:

> * Reiner Steib (2005-09-28) writes:
>
>> On Tue, Sep 27 2005, Reiner Steib wrote:
>>
>>> Is it intended, that `auctex.el' is installed as
>>> `suse-start-auctex.el' (ditto for preview-latex)?
>>
>> The disadvantage of this is that the docs (see "grep -nH -e auctex.el
>> doc/*.texi") refer to `auctex.el'.
>
> If this is the only problem I think we can keep it the way it is.

Would it do any harm if we install it under the original name
`auctex.el' and `suse-start-auctex.el'?

I have fixed some issues with the Fedora build (I recalled that I had
access to the compile farm on sourceforge.net).  After commenting the
conflict with the old emacsspeak package, I was able to build an the
RPM on Fedora Core release 3 and "rpm --test -U" ran successfully.

I'd suggest to re-include the spec file in the `tar-ball' Makefile
target.  Maybe we should move the RPM generation from `full-release'
to a separate target?

On 2005-09-26, I added:

,----[ auctex.spec ]
| %changelog
| # Shouldn't changelog include changes in the package instead of changes in the
| # spec file?
`----

Any opinions or comments on this?

Bye, Reiner.