Re: [AUCTeX-devel] announcement of new releases

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] announcement of new releases
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 16:15:45 +0200

Uwe Brauer <address@hidden> writes:

> If I remember correctly, you usually cross posted announcements of
> new releases to various lists and newsgroups such as xemacs,
> xemacs-beta,

There is little point in posting to the XEmacs lists, as we have been
repeatedly lectured that XEmacs users are not interested in anything
not in the XEmacs package repository.

> comp.tex etc.

It has been posted in comp.text.tex and comp.emacs IIRC.

> But anyhow the info list is fine for me. Let's see how the inclusion
> of preview will interact with the xemacs pkg system.

We have made a reasonable stab at providing a setup suitable for
XEmacs.  In fact, it should be possible to create an XEmacs package
straight with proper options to configure and make, but the XEmacs
team has made very clear that they would not accept such a package
into their package repository.  So you'll have to duplicate all the
effort.