Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: auctex auctex.spec ChangeLog

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: auctex auctex.spec ChangeLog
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 19:59:11 +0200

Ralf Angeli <address@hidden> writes:

> * Reiner Steib (2005-10-10) writes:
>
>> CVSROOT:     /cvsroot/auctex
>> Module name: auctex
>> Branch:
>> Changes by:  Reiner Steib <address@hidden>   05/10/10 17:26:58
>>
>> Modified files:
>>      .              : auctex.spec ChangeLog
>>
>> Log message:
>>      Install auctex.el and preview-latex.el for SuSE
>>      too.  Don't use extraconfig.
>
> By the way, I saw that at least the AUCTeX part of AUCTeX 11.81 is
> available in RPM format for Fedora Core 4:
>
> <URL:http://fedoraproject.org/extras/4/i386/repodata/repoview/emacs-auctex-0-11.81-1.fc4.html>

I have not checked it out yet.  I had been briefly in conversation
with Ed, who I believe to be the maintainer at Fedora Extra, and told
him that the lack of a spec file was holding up 11.80 at that time,
and he was somewhat willing to try to take a look at it.  However, I
have failed to take him up on this.  Sorry for messing this up.

I am copying him with this message.  Maybe if people have an idea how
we can best cope with getting the spec file in line with the proposals
in install.texi, as well as keeping it working on SuSE, it would be
good to shoot it out on the list.