Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Reopening environments.

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Reopening environments.
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 15:14:06 +0200

David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:

> Anyway, it would appear that the info for bigfoot.drv is not
> overwritten by that of bigfoot.dtx, but rather that for bigfoot.sty.
> This is all a mess.  We really should not strip extensions when
> parsing style info.

Then we will probably need to implement some knowledge about which
file type to choose when loading an AUCTeX style file.  For example if
the parser encounters a "\usepackage{kaboodle}" AUCTeX has to know
that "\usepackage" means to look for a file with the extension "sty".
Similarly "cls" for "\documentclass".  And "\input" would be "tex" or
the whole filename found as argument if I understand the definition in
latex.ltx correctly.