[AUCTeX-devel] Re: crm.el (completing-read-multiple) in XEmacs

From: Ben Wing
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: crm.el (completing-read-multiple) in XEmacs
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2005 18:15:36 -0500

Reiner Steib wrote:

On Thu, Oct 13 2005, Uwe Brauer wrote:

"Reiner" == Reiner Steib <address@hidden> writes:
   > Arne Jørgensen wrote improved completing support for inserting
   > stuff like "\usepackage[bar,baz,zab]{foo}" in AUCTeX.  The
   > function needs `completing-read-multiple' from `crm.el'[1] which
   > is available in Emacs 21 and Emacs 22 (CVS[2]), but not in
   > XEmacs.

   > We found that `riece.el'[3] which is available as an XEmacs
   > package seems to duplicate some code from `crm.el' for XEmacs.

   > Wouldn't it make much more sense to include `crm.el' in
   > `xemacs-base', some utility package or distribute it as a
   > separate package instead of duplicating it's code in several
   > packages?

I support this proposal. [...]

Can we expect _any_ reaction (yes, no, maybe) from the XEmacs board?

Am I posting to the wrong list?  Which would be more appropriate?

Bye, Reiner.

i think this sounds great. probably crm.el should go in edit-utils. does this need to be ported or does it work already under xemacs?