[AUCTeX-devel] Review lags [was: crm.el ...]

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] Review lags [was: crm.el ...]
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 14:16:32 +0900

    Reiner> Can we expect _any_ reaction (yes, no, maybe) from the
    Reiner> XEmacs board?

Unfortunately, at this time we're very short-handed for reviewers and
developers in general.  If there was negative feeling, you'd get a
"no", so the answer is "maybe" until it turns into "yes".  This is a
shortcoming of our relatively decentralized process.

    Reiner> Am I posting to the wrong list?

No and yes.  For what you posted that I'm responding to, this is the
right place.

If you want to help something to get done a lot faster, you can post a
full patch (in the case of a new file, either a patch against
/dev/null or the file as an attachment is OK), with appropriate
XEmacs-format changelog, to XEmacs Patches
<address@hidden>.

An analysis of any extra work needed to make the package compatible
with both XEmacs 21.4 (preferably tested with the most recent release,
but that's not absolutely necessary) and XEmacs 21.5 (tested with CVS
head by preference, or at least the most recent beta release) is very
helpful.  (For example, the information you posted in response to Ben
in <address@hidden> later in this thread is
excellent.)

Yes, I'm aware of how much work that is.  Somebody has to do it,
though, and it won't get in until that's done to the satisfaction of
at least one review board member.  If you wait for us to do it, it
will take longer.  Whether it's worth it is something for you to decide.

Regards,
Steve