[AUCTeX-devel] edit-utils/crm.el (completing-read-multiple) in XEmacs

From: Reiner Steib
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] edit-utils/crm.el (completing-read-multiple) in XEmacs
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 15:48:49 +0200

[ I've suggested to add `crm.el' (completing-read-multiple) which is
available in Emacs 21 and Emacs 22 (CVS[2]) to XEmacs on xemacs-beta.
Please keep <address@hidden> in Cc when replying. ]

On Mon, Oct 24 2005, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

> If you want to help something to get done a lot faster, you can post
> a full patch (in the case of a new file, either a patch against
> /dev/null or the file as an attachment is OK), with appropriate
> XEmacs-format changelog, to XEmacs Patches
> <address@hidden>.

Attached is revision 1.5 [2] from Emacs CVS plus the update of FSF
address (done in revision 1.8 in Emacs CVS).  The changes from
revision 1.6 and 1.7 cannot be applied because XEmacs doesn't have
`minibuffer-prompt-end'.  I propose to add the attached file to the
edit-utils package as suggested by Ben.

Suggested ChangeLog entry:

2005-10-26  Reiner Steib  <address@hidden>

        * crm.el: New file.  Revison 1.5 of lisp/emacs-lisp/crm.el in
        Emacs.  Update FSF's address.

> An analysis of any extra work needed to make the package compatible
> with both XEmacs 21.4 (preferably tested with the most recent release,
> but that's not absolutely necessary) and XEmacs 21.5 (tested with CVS
> head by preference, or at least the most recent beta release) is very
> helpful.  (For example, the information you posted in response to Ben
> in <address@hidden> later in this thread is
> excellent.)

I've tested the attached version of `crm.el' with these versions of
XEmacs:

"XEmacs 21.5 (beta18) \"chestnut\" (+CVS-20041021) [Lucid]
(i386-suse-linux, Mule) of Tue Mar 22 2005 on mozart"

"XEmacs 21.4 (patch 15) \"Security Through Obscurity\" [Lucid]
(x86_64-suse-linux, Mule) of Fri Feb 11 2005 on helvede"

Sorry, I didn't download an compile a XEmacs 21.5 or the most recent
beta release.  But I think it's quite unlikely that `crm.el' wont work
with current CVS.  Maybe people using current XEmacs from CVS and/or
current AUCTeX[3] from CVS could report success or problems.  There
are some testing examples at the end of `crm.el'.

Bye, Reiner.

[1] http://thread.gmane.org/xemacs-crm-2005-10-11-a%40marauder.physik.uni-ulm.de

[2]
<URL:http://savannah.gnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/*checkout*/emacs/emacs/lisp/emacs-lisp/crm.el?rev=1.5&content-type=text/plain>

[3] `C-c C-m \usepackage RET amsmath RET ...'
    If you don't have CVS, you may try...
    http://theotp1.physik.uni-ulm.de/~ste/comp/emacs/auctex/snapshots/
--
       ,,,