[AUCTeX-devel] Re: call for advice: auctex 11.8x as a xemacs pkg

From: David Kastrup
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: call for advice: auctex 11.8x as a xemacs pkg
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 13:13:16 +0100

Uwe Brauer <address@hidden> writes:

> Ok, may be this is the right moment to come up with a question, I was
> thinking to post anyway. That question is mainly addressed to the
> people in Xemacs-beta, but since it concerns auctex, I will cc it to
> the devel list and would be happy for any suggestions.

[...]

> In any case I would strongly appreciate any comments on that
> subject.

I recommend reading the installation instructions.  We solved the
problems quite some time ago, documented the solutions, did all the
required code in the autoconf stuff as well as made a Makefile target
"xemacs-package".

Just use

     make xemacs-package

then unpack the resulting XEmacs package and demolish it until it fits
the policies of the XEmacs package CVS tree.