Re: [AUCTeX-devel] forward search in pdf files

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] forward search in pdf files
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 17:01:45 +0100

   David> Something like srcltx.sty (a manual implementation of source
   David> specials) would be needed, and it would need to set anchors
   David> for every source line (every time an anchor for a particular
   David> line is placed, also anchors for all preceding lines up to
   David> the last anchor get placed).
   >>
   >> I am confused, I thought it is like this
   >>
   >> srcltx.sty (via latex) source specials in dvi.
   >> vpe.sty (and vpe script) source specials in pdf.

   David> What about "something like" don't you understand?

You most likely are going to kill me for that: are you saying that
vpe.sty is not `enough' (the pdf files which as been `processed' by
vpe.sty + the script look to me as if they contain sort of source
specials )

   David> xpdf(1)
 xpdf(1)

   David> NAME
   David>        xpdf - Portable Document Format (PDF) file viewer for X
(version 3.01)

   David> SYNOPSIS
   David>        xpdf [options] [PDF-file [page | +dest]]

   David>        zxpdf [options] [PDF-file [page | +dest]]

Oops, thanks sorry that tiny +dest escaped my eyes. Do you know by
chance whether acrobat has similar features?

I try to have a closer look into xdvi-search.el.