Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: [AUCTeX-commit] auctex texmathp.el

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: [AUCTeX-commit] auctex texmathp.el
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 09:29:08 +0100

* David Kastrup (2005-11-29) writes:

>>> Ralf Angeli <address@hidden> writes:
>>>
>> The bug (reported to the Debian bug tracking system) I fixed was
>> `texmathp' getting confused if you had
>> %\(
>> in your file and wanted to insert a $ below such a line.
>
> Why should you not be allowed to put that into a file?
>
> \def\myendofmath{%\(
>   \)}

You are still allowed to do this.  But at the start of the second line
`texmathp' will return nil.  The second line is fontified as math
however, so there is some inconsistency now.

I am not sure what's worse, texmathp getting confused with math
starters and stoppers in comments or having to use something like
\iffalse\(\fi
instead of putting \( in a comment.

$ is unaffected by the change, by the way, because it is syntactically
fontified.