Re: [AUCTeX-devel] RPMs of AUCTeX 11.82

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] RPMs of AUCTeX 11.82
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2005 23:47:11 +0100

Reiner Steib <address@hidden> writes:

> On Sun, Dec 18 2005, David Kastrup wrote:
>
>> Reiner Steib <address@hidden> writes:
>>> Could you elaborate what's missing WRT this in the current spec file?
>>
>> Well, I think the layout is not the same as that recommended in
>> install.texi.
>
> Hm, I had a closer look at the RPM I've uploaded yesterday.  For some
> reason, the {preview,prv*}.el* files are installed in site-lisp/auctex
> instead of site-lisp/preview!

I don't think that is a problem, as long as finding the TeX files and
icons (relatively) still works out: after all, we _have_ integrated
preview-latex and there is little reason to keep it in a separate
directory.

I am more surprised that the behavior was different in 11.81.  Likely
some bug in the configure scripts.