[AUCTeX-devel] Re: Makefile target

From: Sebastien Maret
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: Makefile target
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 10:26:08 -0500

David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:

> Sebastien Maret <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Is there a target in AUCTeX Makefile to build and install everything
>> *except* byte-compiled lisp files?
>>
>> I am trying to package AUCTeX for Fink ( http://fink.sf.net ), and I
>> don't want the .elc files to be installed. These files are compiled
>> by a post-installation script for each emacs flavor after the
>> package installation.
>
> You could look in the Makefile at the install target.  It would appear
> that something like
>
> make -o install-lisp some install-el install
>
> might do the trick (the install-lisp target seems to have the actions
> for installing the elc files).

Thanks for the answer. I have tried the install-el target, but it
seems that it depends on elc files. So even if don't want to install
the elc files, they got compiled anyway.

No big deal, since the compilation is pretty fast. But this is
something should probably be fixed in the Makefile. I'll try to have a
look a that when I'll find some time.

Sébastien