[AUCTeX-devel] Re: Package coverage...

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: Package coverage...
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 00:17:00 +0100

* David Kastrup (2006-01-15) writes:

> here is what I think about coverage for the next release:
>
> XEmacs package: probably the most annoying issue.

I don't think it is more annoying than Debian also still being stuck
at 11.55 or Fedora disabling preview-latex.

> You saw the recent
> discussions, and I hope you'll agree that we'll probably do XEmacs
> users a favor by providing our own XEmacs packages of AUCTeX for
> download.

Yes, but why wait for the next release?

> RPM:

Same here.

> c) we should enable the LaTeX toolbar by default (and make it
> reasonably easy to disable it).  But I don't want extra files to get
> loaded for people who don't use toolbars.

And maybe somebody can investigate if there is a chance that tool bar
buttons can be made invisible or temporarily removed in case of
XEmacs.  The "disabled" next error button looks quite out of place
there.  We might also look at fixing the button for next default
action.

> Anything else?

Huh?  Is the next release round the corner?