Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: [AUCTeX-commit] auctex tex.el

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: [AUCTeX-commit] auctex tex.el
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2006 13:45:34 +0100

* David Kastrup (2006-02-07) writes:

> Ralf Angeli <address@hidden> writes:
>
>>      (TeX-command-list): Use `TeX-run-function' instead of
>>      `TeX-run-ispell-on-document' for "Spell" option.  Remove
>>      `TeX-run-ispell-on-document' as option for the third element of an
>>      item.
>>      (TeX-ispell-document): Move here from tex-buf.el.
>
> Things like "TeX-run-ispell-on-document" should be kept as aliases for
> the sake of older customizations.

An alias doesn't make much sense because `TeX-run-function' does
something completely different.  If you are concerned about people who
customized `TeX-command-list' and therefore have a
`TeX-run-ispell-on-document' entry, we'd have to keep the whole
function definition.  Hmmm, I guess users with customized
`TeX-command-list' variables will probably prefer to miss
functionality in contrast to getting an error, so I'll put the
definition back in.

> Anyway, why use a string here as argument for TeX-run-function?  Seems
> ugly, when actually a list is used.

Because it's pumped through `TeX-command-expand'.  By using a string
we don't have to check for the variable's type in `TeX-command'.  And
because that way we don't have to insert a choice in the defcustom for
`TeX-command-list'.