Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: Cleaning functionality

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: Cleaning functionality
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2006 14:46:05 +0100

* David Kastrup (2006-02-07) writes:

> "Wipe"?

Not bad.  I am just concerned that its meaning is not as recognizable
as "Clean" which, at least in my experience, is the canonical term for
this sort of thing.  But maybe I had too much contact with makefiles.

On a side note, if you want something to smirk, here is a list of
words related to "clean" from Merriam-Webster:

  decontaminate, purge, purify; disinfect, sanitize; brush, dry-clean,
  dust, launder, mop, rinse, scour, scrub, sweep, wash, wipe;
  brighten, deodorize, freshen, spruce (up), sweeten; pick up,
  straighten (up), tidy

> "Xpunge"? (in analog with dired?).

Or "Xterminate".  I hate it. (c: