[AUCTeX-devel] preview-datadir and XEmacs

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] preview-datadir and XEmacs
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 11:26:34 +0100

Okay, I think I found the reason why `preview-datadir' is not set
correctly for XEmacs (which results in all preview-latex icons/images
not being found).  There is a make target `install-metadata' in both
Makefile and preview/Makefile.  The latter one is called first during
`make install' and includes auto.el (which sets `preview-datadir'
correctly) as the file to be appended to auto-autoloads.el.  After
that `install-metadata' from the toplevel Makefile will be called
which deletes the auto-autoloads.el which was just generated again and
generates a new one, but this time with tex-site.el (not
preview/auto.el) as the file to be appended.  In tex-site.el, however,
`preview-datadir' is not being set.

One idea for fixing this would be to eliminate the `install-metadata'
call in preview/Makefile and just let the toplevel Makefile append
preview/auto.el to the auto-autoloads.el file if AUCTeX was configured
with preview-latex.  But actually I'd prefer a solution which is
handled by preview/Makefile.  Any ideas?