Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: preview-datadir and XEmacs

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: preview-datadir and XEmacs
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 15:58:22 +0100

Ralf Angeli <address@hidden> writes:

> * David Kastrup (2006-03-21) writes:
>
>> Just a few comments: since I am currently down with a flu, I can't do
>> too much elaborate work.
>
> Get well soon!

I have to.  Even though the doctor looked like she wanted to quit her
job when I told her I have a concert on Saturday and wanted to be in
singing shape, if I got past the flu itself by that time.

>> So we should probably cook up some procedure that will be able to
>> append both auto.el and tex-site.el?
>
> I thought about this as well but had the impression that this could
> be done by the makefile just as easily.  (But this is just a yet to
> be checked assumption.)  Anyway, even if we can pass more files for
> concatenation to `preview-make-package', there still is a
> superfluous call to the function itself.  I think we can remedy this
> by getting rid of the `install-metadata' target in
> preview/Makefile(.in) if we pass both tex-site.el and
> preview/auto.el to `preview-make-package' in the `install-metadata'
> target of the toplevel makefile.

Maybe.  If you want to try something, feel free to do so.  It's been
some time since I touched the stuff, and frankly, I don't know what to
make of the success reports we had for XEmacs packages.  This would
have to have affected the "work in progress" signs and "TeX" icons in
the text.  By the way: the latter don't seem to respond to mouse-3
anymore.

Sigh.