[AUCTeX-devel] Re: 11.83?

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: 11.83?
Date: Sun, 21 May 2006 10:57:17 +0200

* David Kastrup (2006-05-20) writes:

> Given that recent CVS Emacs tends to ask about unsafe variables a lot
> (have we fixed this mostly?),

I added marked two more as being safe.  And I used the new function
`TeX-booleanp' for boolean options instead of the `(if (fboundp ...'
which could get a bit cumbersome if you have to use it for every
marked boolean variable.

> maybe we should release 11.83 soon.
>
> Anything on the todo list yet?

Short version: Not really.

Long, technical and unnecessarily detailed version: The source tree I
have here with changes implementing the use of extensions for files in
the list of styles is probably not ready for public consumption and
regarding the multiline font lock branch I've received no feedback at
all.  Therefore I don't know if there are problems with it.  From my
point of view it is mostly finished except for $ matching which is
done by means of syntactic fontification and can still bleed all over
the place.  Until now I haven't had an idea how to keep the efficiency
of syntactic fontification without the color spill because the end of
the region to be fontified is determined in the middle of of
`font-lock-fontify-syntactically-region' by means of
`parse-partial-sexp' which ends up at the end of the buffer if there
is no match.