Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: [AUCTeX-diffs] Changes to auctex/ChangeLog

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: [AUCTeX-diffs] Changes to auctex/ChangeLog
Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 23:36:08 +0200

David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:

> Ralf Angeli <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> * Ralf Angeli (2006-05-25) writes:
>>
>>> Anyway, I had to abort the release because I saw that my last code
>>> change in font-latex.el broke font locking on XEmacs and I wasn't
>>> able to fix this right away.
>>
>> Should be fixed now.
>
> Well, I got the preview.sty fix in as well.  So we basically have
> remaining on the wishlist some testing, if people would do that:
>
> a) RPMs
> b) XEmacs packaging
> c) functionality in Emacs 21.4, CVS, XEmacs-whatever
>
> With regard to the RPMs: it might be a good idea to provide a
> successor package to preview-latex-styles or whatever distributions
> chose to call it, for the sake of LyX etc.  It turns out that
> preview.sty gets explicitly removed from the teTeX-3.0 RPMs for the
> sake of whatever old package provided preview.sty and friends in the
> TeX tree.
>
> While we are not necessarily the right address to sort this mess
> out, it would seem that a purely optional package could do no harm
> (famous last words).

Does not look like anybody else is planning to work on any of this
before the release (or maybe the long weekend is at fault), so I guess
it's ok with me if you choose to release in the next day, and check in
your local changes regarding multiline fontlock and multi-extension
parsing a few days later.  It does not seem like we'd get many
pretesters in other ways.  If things come to worst, we can still
branch a bug fix branch off the release tag.