Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Upcoming 11.83 release

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Upcoming 11.83 release
Date: Sat, 27 May 2006 15:53:37 +0200

Reiner Steib <address@hidden> writes:

> On Thu, May 25 2006, David Kastrup wrote:
>
>> a) RPMs
>> b) XEmacs packaging
>> c) functionality in Emacs 21.4, CVS, XEmacs-whatever
>
> I could probably can look at a), b) and do a little Emacs 21 testingĀ¹
> within the next week.

In that case, I think it a good idea to delay the release a few more
days.  It saves us trouble if we can tell people that the RPMs can be
built straight from the spec in the tarball.  And it is also a good
thing if we can announce RPM and XEmacs package availability and
download locations simultaneously with the release.  And similarly
with the precompiled Emacs for Windows.  So when the thing tests out
satisfactorily and packages satisfactorily sometime next week, then
I'd suggest tagging it.  People then rebuild and upload the various
packages under their subvision, and hen everything has been uploaded,
the announcements will go out.

Sounds like a reasonable plan?