[AUCTeX-devel] Cross-references in changes.texi (was: makeinfo --no-vali

From: Reiner Steib
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] Cross-references in changes.texi (was: makeinfo --no-validate for CHANGES)
Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 13:01:32 +0200

On Wed, May 31 2006, David Kastrup wrote:

> Thanks.  As you can see in this (and other files), there has been
> quite a bit of work invested for keeping these sort of unspecified
> cross references out of the plain text versions.  It would not make
> sense to change this practice for a single new note without a
> previous discussion, even if I happened to be alone with my opinion.

Sorry for not discussing it here: When adding the @ref in changes.texi
I wasn't aware of the problem for CHANGES.  Just now, I noticed that
there are already other @xref-s with @ifclear there.  And yesterday
evening, I wanted to finish the RPM stuff.

In general, I think it's useful to have cross-references (wrapped in
"@ifclear rawfile") from (info "(auctex)Changes") to other parts of
the manual.

BTW, I tried to find the new `TeX-doc' and `TeX-clean' using `i clean'
and `i doc' unsuccessfully.  Maybe we should add something to
`auctex.texi'?

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,