Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: Upcoming 11.83 release

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: Upcoming 11.83 release
Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 15:38:25 +0200

Reiner Steib <address@hidden> writes:

> On Wed, May 31 2006, David Kastrup wrote:
>
>> Reiner Steib <address@hidden> writes:
>>> BTW, if anyone is interested in testing if rebuilding the (SUSE-)
>>> .src.rpm on a non-SUSE RPM distribution (RedHat, Fedora, ...) works, I
>>> could make the RPM files available.
>>
>> Does the following look like it would be worth contacting the
>> respective people?
>>
>> <URL:http://groups.google.com/group/tetexrpm/browse_thread/thread/9e4775415210b927/acca091c996d40e2>
>
> ,----
> | The SRPM for the emacs-auctex SRPM in Fedora 4 Extras contains the
> | following lines
> |
> | # To deal with nasty bug 192960, don't export tetex-latex sub-package,
> | and:
> | Obsoletes:      tetex-preview
> | Provides:       tetex-preview
> |
> | This creates a conflict with the tetexrpm tetex-preview.
> `----
>
> I don't quite understand what this is all about.

Neither do I, I just hit upon it during a keyword Groups search.  It
appears related to the project page
<URL:http://sourceforge.net/projects/tetexrpm> which declares a
"Pre-Alpha" project with a single developer.

So probably not worth worrying about at the current point of time.
Sorry for the noise.