[AUCTeX-devel] Re: Upcoming 11.83 release

From: Reiner Steib
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: Upcoming 11.83 release
Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 18:34:34 +0200

On Wed, May 31 2006, David Kastrup wrote:

> I am not sure what the patch is supposed to accomplish.  If one still
> has to specify the version manually, one might as well do so in the
> spec file, I guess.

It would simplify the creation of RPM snapshots.  Previously (I
stopped creating RPM snapshots at some time, maybe after preview-latex
has been included), I had to manipulate the spec file to get this
done, i.e. the spec file in the distribution was not the same as for
building.  But we don't have to tackle this before 11.83.

Apart from the missing documentation for `TeX-doc' and `TeX-clean'[1],
we could start the release procedure[2] now, AFAICS.  (I don't have time
to look at "preview-latex-styles or whatever".)

I will use the uploaded .tar.gz file to build the RPMs.  So as soon as
I see the upload notification, I can prepare and upload the RPMs and
the XEmacs package.

Bye, Reiner.

[1] <news:address@hidden>
    http://thread.gmane.org/v97j42wj8z.fsf_-_%40marauder.physik.uni-ulm.de