[AUCTeX-devel] Re: Upcoming 11.83 release

From: Reiner Steib
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: Upcoming 11.83 release
Date: Sun, 04 Jun 2006 15:42:46 +0200

On Fri, Jun 02 2006, David Kastrup wrote:

> Reiner Steib <address@hidden> writes:
>> I need the final auctex-11.83.tar.gz to build the RPM (or am I missing
>> something? Yes, of course I can build straight from the spec file, but
>> IIRC we wanted to avoid this.), so I'd rather wait for Ralf to upload
>> it.
>
> You can create the final tarball yourself, if you want.

I know, but I wanted to make sure the plain-tgz and the tgz in the
SRPM are the identical.

> There is a Makefile target for that, too.  Don't forget to send it
> over, so I can upload it (and it is identical to the one in the
> SRPM).

In case you forgot: I have permissions for the upload as well.

On Fri, Jun 02 2006, David Kastrup wrote:
[...]
> I created the tarball and sent it to Reiner.  It is likely it did not
> reach him in time.  I have tarball and XEmacs package and the other
> generated stuff lying in my ftp upload directory, but I'll delay the
> upload until Reiner has been able to build the RPMs.

Yes, it didn't (I'm now on a modem line).  I've read your mails but I
didn't download the attachments.

> I have tarball and XEmacs package and the other generated stuff
> lying in my ftp upload directory, but I'll delay the upload until
> Reiner has been able to build the RPMs.

I agree that it's worth to fix the doc issues pointed out by Ralf.
(Okay, I just see on auctex-diffs that Ralf already did, so you can
probably disregard my previous mail on that.)  There's another minor
doc issue: In the DVI/PDF file, the paragraph "Making the Elisp
available" has a very bad underfull hbox.  Maybe someone has an idea
how to fix it.

As Ralf doesn't seem to be able to make an Emacs+AUCTeX snapshot for
windows in time for 11.83, I'd suggest to remove the release tag from
CVS again and remove the corresponding ChangeLog entries (David?).
Then (when back to a broadband connection: today in the evening or
tomorrow) I'll create all the release files consistently (tgz, zip,
xemacs-package¹, rpm) using the Makefile targets.  Then I'll make the
files available² to David for a final QA and do some last tests of the
rpm file.  If everything is okay, one of us would upload the stuff to
gnu.org and David sends out the announcements (and does the CTAN
upload).

Bye, Reiner.

¹ I offered to create the xemacs-package (it works straight forward),
  but I can't (or don't like to) test it (I'd never looked at how to
  install packages within XEmacs).

² On my webspace or on fencepost.  Any preference?
--
       ,,,
      (o o)