Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: Upcoming 11.83 release

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: Upcoming 11.83 release
Date: Sun, 04 Jun 2006 16:00:43 +0200

Reiner Steib <address@hidden> writes:

> On Fri, Jun 02 2006, David Kastrup wrote:
>
>> Reiner Steib <address@hidden> writes:
>>> I need the final auctex-11.83.tar.gz to build the RPM (or am I missing
>>> something? Yes, of course I can build straight from the spec file, but
>>> IIRC we wanted to avoid this.), so I'd rather wait for Ralf to upload
>>> it.
>>
>> You can create the final tarball yourself, if you want.
>
> I know, but I wanted to make sure the plain-tgz and the tgz in the
> SRPM are the identical.

That's what I meant with "final tarball".

> I agree that it's worth to fix the doc issues pointed out by Ralf.
> (Okay, I just see on auctex-diffs that Ralf already did, so you can
> probably disregard my previous mail on that.)  There's another minor
> doc issue: In the DVI/PDF file, the paragraph "Making the Elisp
> available" has a very bad underfull hbox.  Maybe someone has an idea
> how to fix it.

Reword the paragraph in question until it is fine.  English often
provides opportunity for deleting "the" or "a" or "which" without
changing meaning.

> As Ralf doesn't seem to be able to make an Emacs+AUCTeX snapshot for
> windows in time for 11.83, I'd suggest to remove the release tag
> from CVS again and remove the corresponding ChangeLog entries
> (David?).  Then (when back to a broadband connection: today in the
> evening or tomorrow) I'll create all the release files consistently
> (tgz, zip, xemacs-package, rpm) using the Makefile targets.

Go ahead.  I undid release tags and ChangeLog entry.

> Then I'll make the files available² to David for a final QA and do
> some last tests of the rpm file.  If everything is okay, one of us
> would upload the stuff to gnu.org and David sends out the
> announcements (and does the CTAN upload).
>
> Bye, Reiner.
>
> ¹ I offered to create the xemacs-package (it works straight forward),
>   but I can't (or don't like to) test it (I'd never looked at how to
>   install packages within XEmacs).

You unzip straight into a suitable package tree (can be
~/.xemacs-packages usually).  That's all there is to it.

> ² On my webspace or on fencepost.  Any preference?

Mail or fencepost.  I don't want files with the official file names
flying around on the web until we have decided to actually release
them.